- 04 February 2018The piste conditions are excellent at the moment, a couple of days ago we had around one and a half feet of snow ( around 45cm) and it has been well below zero degrees C since then. The following pictures were taken yesterday 2nd February:
- 28 January 2018January has been very eventful in Les Gets. Whilst Les Gets is a small charming village, there is always something going on during the ski season. This post talks about not just the pistes but also some of the main events.
- 10 December 2017These pictures were all taken on Saturday 9th December. It was between minus 5 and minus 9 degrees C for most of the day. As the snow is so good, SAGETS are running, for this weekend, the main Chavannes Experss lift, the red bubble lifts, the de la Croix lift and the drag lifts from the Chvannes mid station. Whilst the sky was heavy with more snow, the piste conditions were outstanding. Do take a look at the pictures taken below:
The Chvannes Express lift, at the bottom:
- 05 December 2017These pictures were all taken this weekend in Les Gets, and those at the bottom, today in Avoriaz. Temperatures were between minus 9 and minus 10 degrees C.
- 27 November 2017This morning it was between minus 5 and 6 degrees C, we took the pictures below, the video opposite is of the locals enjoying the ice skating before the visitors arrive, today:-
- 19 October 2017Ben Nathan - ISA qualified ski instructor - explains why Les Gets is the best resort in the world to learn to ski.
- 04 September 2017Les Gets is popular because it offers an intimate, authentic French atmosphere. The small, attractive, family-friendly resort offers a genuine Savoyard experience. The main street is lined with appetising food and wine shops that specialise in the local produce. The two main pistes (Chavannes and Mont Chery) both begin and end in the village itself, making access very easy. The base of the Chavannes piste offers specially designated slopes for sledding - a winter sport the whole family can enjoy.
- 03 September 2017Christmas and New Year is a very special time in Les Gets, particularly as Father Christmas lives in Les Gets!
This article talks about the village at these special times.
- 26 August 2017Chalets1066 are continuing to expand and have just taken on three more chalets.
Each of these chalets has something special, Marais is in the village centre, de Vantaa is very close to the village centre and Ferme des Amis is a beautiful traditional recently renovated with many traditional beams and features with a bus stop right outside.
- 17 July 2017The Festival of Mechanical Music, which is held annually in Les Gets, is an amazing experience, typically with performances from late morning to late evening every day. Read more in this article: