- 25 August 2018If you are a super fit, ‘lean mean pedalling machine’ clad in lycra, then this blog is probably not for you! However, for the rest of us, all I can say is … e-bikes are brilliant and if you haven’t tried one yet, then you must. It will completely change your experience on two wheels, and you will be eating mountain gradients for breakfast!
- 17 August 2018In it’s eighth year, the festival now hosts over 50 performances. This year it offers the quality and versatility of bands such as King Krab, solo artists such as Coby Grant, and the well-seasoned voice of Ahmed Mouici covering well known rock, soul and rhythm’n blues songs as a duo with Cisco Herzhaft on guitar.
- 13 August 2018The Lounge Music Festival is a summer highlight. Now in its sixth year, this free festival that features over 50 concerts throughout the two weeks, is a huge attraction for locals and visitors.
- 15 July 2018Once again the wonderful camp America comes to Morzine from the 13th to 15th of July .
What's camp America I hear you ask? Well it's like a fantastic open air museum dedicated to WW2 memorabilia located this year behind the swimming pool in Morzine.
- 08 July 2018Yesterday and today the Spartan Race took place in Morzine. We understand over 5000 competitors took part.
The race is a real obstacle race, the sprint is 6km, the Super is 13km and 25 obstacles and the Beast is 20km and more than 30 obstacles.
- 06 May 2018Today we had a break and walked from Col de Corbier to Drozin, and back, there were some winderful views as you can see in the pictures below.
- 04 February 2018The piste conditions are excellent at the moment, a couple of days ago we had around one and a half feet of snow ( around 45cm) and it has been well below zero degrees C since then. The following pictures were taken yesterday 2nd February:
- 28 January 2018January has been very eventful in Les Gets. Whilst Les Gets is a small charming village, there is always something going on during the ski season. This post talks about not just the pistes but also some of the main events.
- 10 December 2017These pictures were all taken on Saturday 9th December. It was between minus 5 and minus 9 degrees C for most of the day. As the snow is so good, SAGETS are running, for this weekend, the main Chavannes Experss lift, the red bubble lifts, the de la Croix lift and the drag lifts from the Chvannes mid station. Whilst the sky was heavy with more snow, the piste conditions were outstanding. Do take a look at the pictures taken below:
The Chvannes Express lift, at the bottom:
- 05 December 2017These pictures were all taken this weekend in Les Gets, and those at the bottom, today in Avoriaz. Temperatures were between minus 9 and minus 10 degrees C.