- 19 March 2012It has been snowing all day today in Les Gets - it looks like we are set for an excellent end of season.
Before todays 'dump' we were having beautiful crisp snow in the mornings. By late afternoon piles of powder. Very little ice. Pleasant skiing conditions with many excellent slopes right through until the end of the day.
We are now confident of good piste conditions to the end of the ski season.
- 18 March 20121. Skiing across the whole of Portes du Soleil area
2. Mulled wine in the sunshine
3. Scooting down the slopes in a t-shirt
4. The views through the mist towards Mont Blanc
5. Snacking on chips in Morgins after skiing over the Swiss border
- 17 March 2012Whilst we are not far off the end of the season, the j2Ski web site is forecasting around 9cm snow in Les Gets on Sunday and Monday, also, the Skiiinfo web site is forecasting as much as 32cm snow in Les Gets and tempreatures as low as -5 degrees C. Whilst we feel that 32cm may be optimistic, there is certainly some snow expected.
- 16 March 2012The sky has been a clear blue all week, temperatures overnight have been cold, warm in the day time. The skiing has been good, best to be out early to get the best piste conditions. It is still worth making a last minute decision to come to Les Gets, this has been an outstanding season for snow and there are still a few weeks left of the season.
- 11 March 2012Every Summer our visitors ask for an indoor swimming pool - Morzine now has just opened a new indoor pool complex, this includes:
a 25m fitness pool
a 125 square meter learners pool
a 50 square meter baby pool
a hydro fitness area, with saunas and steam rooms
bars and restaurant
This is in addition to the olympic outdoor pool in Morzine.
- 05 March 2012Organised for 24th to 28 March, with an excellent line up, this is a series of free concerts. Each morning, those who register, will receive a SMS/text message with thelocation of the concerts for the day - you usually ski to the location. Set to be an excellent event.
- 28 February 2012The Les Gets Ski Lift Company (SAGETS) is offering 20% discount on Les Gets/Morzine ski passes for this ski season, as from 31st March.
The minimum number of passes that must be bought is 4 and they must be bought on line at www.skipass-lesgets.com . You can select Chalets1066 and the ski passes will then be delivered to your chalet/apartment for when you arrive.
If you prefer the Portes du Soleil ski passes, Les Gets are offering 15% discount.