- 16 July 2017Love them or loath them one thing you cannot do is ignore the epic event that is Harley Days. The noise is incredible, the bikes stunning and the riders very friendly. This article talks about the event on 13th to 16th July 2017.
- 15 July 2017Dave Lynch wrote this great blog - he was a marshall at Crankwoex this year:-
It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but this year I wanted to be part of Crankworkx without hurting myself, so I thought it a good idea to volunteer my services as a marshall
- 25 July 2016This year on July 23rd, Morzine played host to the second to final stage of the 2016 Tour de France. This epic event consists of a 21 day-long stages over a 23-day period and covers around 3,500 kilometers. The race alternates between clockwise and counterclockwise circuits of France. The number of teams usually varies between 20 and 22, with nine riders each.
- 04 July 2016Every year the Sparten Beast does not fail to challenge even the toughest competitor. This year the Beast starts at 9am and ends up at the finish line in the main square next to the tourist office around 11am.
Conditions today will be challenging to say the least after a heavy downfall of rain and very muddy and slippery conditions.
- 06 April 2016Although the winter season is coming to a close here in Les Gets, the resort stays alive during the summer months with an influx of visitors for the alternative sports that become available. One of the key attractions to the area during the summer is the popular mountain biking terrain, as the resort offers 95 kilometres of biking trails.
With this in mind, Les Gets has been chosen as the European leg of the Crankworx world tour for the next 3 years.
- 09 March 2016Two weeks ago, some of our guests included a little girl called Sophie and her favourite teddy.
In the stress of getting belongings together and leaving the chalet at the end of the week, the teddy was left behind. This was heartbreaking to Sophie and her family, since she can’t sleep without it.
- 02 March 2016As the sun was setting over the Portes du Soleil last night a brawl was ensuing at the Skoda stadium in Morzine. If you think that ice hockey matches involve fights, blood, violence - then you’d be right. If you’re an avid ice hockey fan then this is the place to be every week, but if you’re more interested in the drama that unfurls on the ice then this provides more entertainment than the you could ever want.
- 24 February 2016Valentine’s day may have passed but don’t worry, you can still ignite the flame in the Alps. On the 24th February and the 2nd March head down to the bottom of the Chavannes next to apres bar, where it will be heating up for the descente aux flambeaux caritative. A group of ESF hotties and their students will be descending down the slopes in a procession of flames. If you’re lucky the lovely gentlemen from apres will continue to light your fire over a hot drink of zante. In all seriousness though, this is an event that shouldn’t be missed.
- 17 February 2016Are you afraid of the dark? Spiders? or even heights? Does snow make the fear of heights go away? What about a parachute, will that make you feel more at ease? Here in Les Gets you will notice the sheer amount of paraglider’s littering the sky. Beautiful and majestic or terrifying? I’m going to say terrifying.