- 27 November 2017This morning it was between minus 5 and 6 degrees C, we took the pictures below, the video opposite is of the locals enjoying the ice skating before the visitors arrive, today:-
- 19 October 2017Ben Nathan - ISA qualified ski instructor - explains why Les Gets is the best resort in the world to learn to ski.
- 04 September 2017Les Gets is popular because it offers an intimate, authentic French atmosphere. The small, attractive, family-friendly resort offers a genuine Savoyard experience. The main street is lined with appetising food and wine shops that specialise in the local produce. The two main pistes (Chavannes and Mont Chery) both begin and end in the village itself, making access very easy. The base of the Chavannes piste offers specially designated slopes for sledding - a winter sport the whole family can enjoy.
- 03 September 2017Christmas and New Year is a very special time in Les Gets, particularly as Father Christmas lives in Les Gets!
This article talks about the village at these special times.
- 26 August 2017Chalets1066 are continuing to expand and have just taken on three more chalets.
Each of these chalets has something special, Marais is in the village centre, de Vantaa is very close to the village centre and Ferme des Amis is a beautiful traditional recently renovated with many traditional beams and features with a bus stop right outside.
- 17 July 2017The Festival of Mechanical Music, which is held annually in Les Gets, is an amazing experience, typically with performances from late morning to late evening every day. Read more in this article:
- 16 July 2017Love them or loath them one thing you cannot do is ignore the epic event that is Harley Days. The noise is incredible, the bikes stunning and the riders very friendly. This article talks about the event on 13th to 16th July 2017.
- 15 July 2017Dave Lynch wrote this great blog - he was a marshall at Crankwoex this year:-
It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but this year I wanted to be part of Crankworkx without hurting myself, so I thought it a good idea to volunteer my services as a marshall
- 25 July 2016This year on July 23rd, Morzine played host to the second to final stage of the 2016 Tour de France. This epic event consists of a 21 day-long stages over a 23-day period and covers around 3,500 kilometers. The race alternates between clockwise and counterclockwise circuits of France. The number of teams usually varies between 20 and 22, with nine riders each.
- 16 July 2016Lac Montriond is the perfect spot for some summer fun in the sun. There are a variety of water sports on offer, 3 fabulous restaurants and plenty to do for both young and old.
- 04 July 2016Every year the Sparten Beast does not fail to challenge even the toughest competitor. This year the Beast starts at 9am and ends up at the finish line in the main square next to the tourist office around 11am.
Conditions today will be challenging to say the least after a heavy downfall of rain and very muddy and slippery conditions.