- 29 January 2015We have a very exciting event taking place in Les Gets this week called Ski Colour. This is where the slopes get covered in various colours of powder paint as you are skiing down the slopes. It is taking place on 31st January between 10AM and 5PM on the Mont Chery side of the mountain
- 14 January 2015Athough the snow has been in short supply this season the sunshine has not, we have had lot of lovely sunny, clear days and good news is around the corner as there is lots of snow forecast over the next few days which will make for even better skiing conditons here in Les Gets
- 31 December 2014We have had a great start to the New Year as the snow has now finally arrived in Les Gets and the town is looking very white and Christmassy! All the slopes are open and the skiing conditions are amazing :) Hope everyone is out and enjoying the snow!
- 09 June 2014The Criterium du Dauphin is going through Les Gets and Morzine this weekend, you should be able to see Chris Froome at some point between 1.00 and 1.15 on Saturday. This is the 7th stage of the race and is well known as being a key event before the Tour de France. The stage details are shown here.
- 26 March 2014It has been snowing most of the day in Les Gets, temperatures are cold and the snow is settling. The snow making machines have also been hard at work overnight.
This is a brilliant time for taking a ski holiday, there are no queues at the lifts, the pistes are quiet, and the conditions are excellent. The picture opposite was taken of the Granges Piste earlier today, just after lunch
- 04 September 2013Having just spent part of the summer in Les Gets, my feeling is that I just have to share some of it with those who have not yet allowed themselves the indulgence of a visit there. Where to start? It's a toughie, I have to say. One of the things that I loved the most and was most impressed by is not only the amount of FAMILY activities, but, that by all accounts and purpose, all ages and stages and needs and wants are catered for in this region. From mountain biking (or cross country) to horse riding, swimming in the mountain lakes, Alpine walking - parapenting – which I did, with my 23 year old daughter, specifically because I am afraid of height's – and I ABSOLUTELY loved it.......
- 02 September 2013I have really enjoyed myself in the pump park and using the air bag in Les Gets this summer – with my new mountain bike.
The pump park is not only a great way to practice skills, but is also really good for socialising with other English kids of my age (11 years ). In the daytime, most kids are out on the mountains, but in the evenings, the lifts are closed so most kids go to the pump park and this is a great place to make friends. One of the good things about the pump park is that it is free, but never seems to be too busy.
- 03 July 2013We now have a very strong team at Chalet Hastings for the summer – Morven is running operations on site, Ben will be spending the summer doing a lot of the much needed jobs – gardening, painting and the many other maintenance jobs needed. In addition, Morven's mother Sharon is spending the summer in Les Gets, as she will be helping during the ski season and this seemed an ideal opportunity for her to gain an understanding of the operation before the high pressure of the winter season, Mani, Morven's brother is also in Les Gets for the summer – with his new bike – with the plan of becoming expert at downhilling.