- 25 December 2020As you already know, Father Christmas lives in Les Gets. Last night, he came down from his hut on the shores of the Lake to meet the holidaymakers in his horse-drawn carriage and accompanied by his faithful elves. An incredible snowfall since yesterday afternoon adds to the magical atmosphere of Christmas, covering the village in its most beautiful white coat.
- 20 December 2020It is such a joy to see the village of Les Gets when the first guests arrive for the Christmas holidays! Food tastings in the street, ice rink, illuminated decorations, shopping... a beautiful atmosphere for the enjoyment of all.
- 13 December 2020Mark went to a ski-touring hike this afternoon on Chavannes side and he took some beautiful pictures. Fresh white snow, sunshine, blue sky and peace.
- 10 December 2020The ski lifts in Les Gets will be closed for Christmas and New Year holidays, however, there will be plenty of activities other than skiing.
The mountains are a beautiful playground for all family members and Christmas is so special in Les Gets with beautiful snow-covered landscapes, a lovely atmosphere all around the village and festive meals in your chalet.
- 05 December 2020Instead of the 4 centimetres of snow announced, more than 25 centimetres of snow fell overnight on the resort of Les Gets. Flakes around the size of ping-pong balls filled the sky in a lovely and beautiful dance. This morning, Les Gets is an enchanted white paradise.
- 14 November 2020In this article, we will see why the resort of Les Gets is an ideal holiday destination for a relaxing stay. The activities, the amazing landscapes, the traditional village, the quality of the food and the kindness of the inhabitants, everything leads to a delightful stay.
- 26 September 2020Fresh snow fell overnight and more is forecast tonight. We took a walk to the top of the Chavannes Express this morning, there was as much as 20cm ( 8 inches) of snow. George was having a great time rolling in the new snow.
- 11 August 2020At this time of year, most of us who typically take a ski holiday will be reading through the various resort and operator web sites to plan their winter holiday.
A holiday in the mountains could potentially be one of the safest places to go, however, Covid-19 presents another challenge and another series of questions. The purpose of this article is to discuss the key point and to suggest what might be the best resorts to go to.
- 19 July 2020Having worked for Chalets 1066 for almost 2 years, Morgane finally persuaded her parents and sisters to take a week’s summer holiday with her in Les Gets. This article was created to show what they did each day.
- 22 May 2020Another blog written by Dave Lynch on why Les Gets is the ideal location for a summer holiday at this time with Coronavirus. At the time of publishing this, there is a 14 day quarantine period for those coming back to the UK, but we expect this will not be in place in time for July.