- 08 November 2019Les Gets has invested around €9.6M in new snow making equipment this past summer. This is exciting for the resort as it will mean it will have excellent skiing conditions from the very start of the season, right through to the end.
- 21 October 2019This article explains the levels of qualification, under the British system, to qualify as a ski instructor. It then explains the minimum qualifications required in the main countries people go for ski holidays. It explains why France is the best country both to learn to ski and also to improve your skiing in and then why Les Gets is the best resort. To the end, it considers the different types of ski schools and advises how to chose a ski school.
- 12 October 2019We all know that Les Gets is recognised as one of the best resorts in the world for a family ski resort. In France, there is a national certification called the ‘Famille Plus’ which requires ski resorts to meet 110 requirements and 6 commitments for family ski holidays. This is renewed year and of course Les Gets has been awarded this label again.
- 03 October 2019There is a welcome addition to Les Gets ski resort. As the village expands, encompassing new chalets and apartments, a ‘mini’ Les Gets has emerged.
- 12 September 2019Here is a guide to chalets and apartments rentals in Les Gets to help you find your dream accommodation for the perfect ski holiday! You are looking for the right chalet size, the ideal location or services that are important to you, we suggest a selection of properties here, according to criteria our clients are looking for at Chalets1066.
- 12 August 2019It can be quite overwhelming taking your first ski holiday with children – as there are so many details to consider and one item missed can create a panic on the first morning of skiing.
This article summarises what clothing and equipment children need to ensure they have a great skiing holiday.
- 15 July 2019Les Gets is back on the calendar for the Cross Country and Downhill UCI world cup. The event was a massive success, the atmosphere in the village was ecstatic with people coming from all over the world to support their riders. In total there were 668 professional riders and 102 teams.
- 08 July 2019Last year, the Les Gets Pottery celebrated it’s 10th Anniversary and arranged a day of demonstrations, music, food and dancing. It was so successful they decided to arrange a Fete of the Flowers (Fête des fleurs) this year – this was held yesterday.
- 16 June 2019The Criterium Dauphin went through Les Gets today at around 14:30, Julian Alaphilippe was first at montée des Gets. The pictures were taken just after the Montée.
Today’s route was from Cluses to Champéry, Julian Alaphilippe won the King of the Mountains Jersey.
The picture opposite shows the break away group of 13 riders, going through Les Gets, taken form just outside the library.