- 07 January 2012The past few days in Les Gets have been quite eventful - incredible snow and practical problems caused by so much snow:
At 08.00 Wednesday morning, Ben called me and said: Dad - you must get out, the snow is fantastic....at 08.30 he called me again while I was enjoying my breakfast...we agreed to meet at 10.15 at the top of the bubble lift on Mont Chery.
- 04 January 2012The past couple of days have been wonderful in Les Gets - the village has been full - as far as we know everywhere is booked - yet the pistes are not overcrowded at all - the snow is excellent and the weather has been wonderful.
Yesterday I fell over on the moguls on Chamossier - so took a break from skiing - tomorrow I will be back.
7cm snow is forecast over the next couple of days - and average temperatures of -4 to -10 degrees C
- 02 January 2012Yesterday we tried the ski back route to Hastings and the other chalets in the same area (see location map on web site) the snow was very good up to Chalet Soleil, after this we walked - for about 3 minutes to get to the Hastings Chalet. So - Chavannes, Senlac, Soleil and Hastings are all within 3 mins of a ski back route - as of yesterday
- 22 December 2011We now have the best snow in Les Gets, by this time in the season, we are told, for 20 years. Skiing conditions can only be described as excellent. The snow is almost 2 metres deep and the top and 1 metre in the village of Les Gets. The depth of the snow is such that we feel very confident of good skiing conditions in Les Gets for quite some time.
- 18 December 2011Chalets1066 are offering short stay ski breaks in Les Gets for both Self Catered and Catered Accommodation in January and March. This follows on from a successful trial of short ski breaks last season
- 12 December 2011The lifts were open all weekend, the Chalet1066 team had a great time, particularly on the Chavannes side. It has been snowing all day today and it is now deep outside Hastings. Excellent news..
- 05 December 2011This was taken from the web cam in Les Gets today - the Grains d'Or web cam - at 16.30hrs. We clearly have snow in Les Gets!
What was even more interesting was that on the front page of one of the main London newspapers, this morning, the leading article was talking about the lack of snow in the French Alps - it went on to say that the French were still fairly relaxed - but that 1000's people could be wasting their money - well - you can see for yourself - this panorama shot was taken from the Grains d'Or web cam at 16.30 hrs and 46 seconds today. The forecasts are saying there will be a foot of snow over the next few days - we will post pictures as this develops.
- 27 November 2011The last snow forecast seems to have not quite got the dates right - however, snow is forecast starting around the 1st or 2nd December, the long term forecasts for the Alps are upbeat for a good season - temperatures are dropping - so we are hopeful of good snow starting very soon.
- 21 November 2011Temperatures of below zero as from 25th November are forecast and almost a foot of snow, due to fall over three days. This looks like a good start to the season and should form a good base for the rest of the ski season.
Other long range forecasters have been predicting early snow this season as well - so hopefully we should have a good season.
- 19 November 2011The details program for Christmas in Les Gets has just been announced, every day you can visit him in his Grotto (apart from Christmas eve - when you can see him leaving his grotto to deliver presents), the outline program is below, full details are available on the Les Gets web site:
- 14 November 2011Prices for ski passes are the same for this ski season, a family of at least 4 qualified for a 10% discount. Prices for 6 days are:
Les Gets Morzine - Adult - €156
Les Gets Morzine - Child - €124
Portues du Soleil - Adult - 216
Portues du Soleil - Child - €162