COVID 19 Info - Chalets 1066 Policies to keep you safe
We believe that a ski holiday with Chalets 1066 is probably the safest holiday one can take with the current Coronavirus crisis:
- Cleaning standards based on medical advice: We have implemented a plan for very high cleaning standard, similar to those of `Marriott Hotels, including use of the latest technologies: electrostatic spraying of disinfectant. We have taken detailed advice from a Doctor, we have also reviewed the policies of the major hotel chains and government web sites in putting our policies together. These are shown lower down on this page.
- Booking Guarantee: If a Covid-19 related issue means to travel to France is not possible, providing you have followed government advice/regulations, or if the French Government decides a "lockdown" such that you are not able to stay in the accommodation you have booked and you have followed all government advice and regulations, we will move your holiday to the same dates/same property in the following year. Details can be seen on our FAQ
Chalets 1066 Cleaning and safety policies for Coronavirus
Ventilation of rooms while cleaning. This is an important part of prevention, as droplets can remain in the air for many hours.
All hard and high touch point surfaces – these will be cleaned with an alcohol cleaner which kills bacteria
Sofas, rugs, curtains, and other soft furnishings - These will be sprayed using an electrostatic spray gun which creates a very fine (40 micron) spray of charged mist. We will be using the same equipment as used by Marriott Hotels, and chemicals which are specifically designed to be safe for both people and furniture and have been proven to quickly kill viruses.
Crockery and cutlery – this will be put through the dishwasher ready for your arrival.
Hand sanitiser will be in each chalet
Soap by each hand wash basin
Linen Customers will be asked to put all their linen into plastic bags in each bedroom. We will leave one bag in each bedroom. Pillow protectors will also be washed on each changeover. The Duvet and mattress protector will be sprayed with the disinfecting mist using the electrostatic gun.
Television remote controllers and other remote controllers - these will be in plastic bags and either replaced for each change over or disinfected.
Information for your stay: We will ensure you have all the information you need using the latest technologies rather than paper:
- Chalet Manual - this will be provided as a smartphone app.
- What is on in the village - this will be, and already is, available on our web site.
Village and Piste Maps - these will be available within the Chalet, laminated and mounted on a wall (usually behind the front door, in the garage or a utility room). This will be disinfected between each stay.
Books and Magazines - these will not be available in the property, as it is impossible for us to disinfect every page, this is the advice from the French Tourist Authorities.
What we ask of you:
To help ensure the safety of arriving clients without yet further increases in cost, we ask of you that, when you leave:
- you fill the dishwasher with crockery, glasses, knives and forks and leave it running.
- that all linen, towels, oven gloves and tea towels are put into the plastic bags that are left for you and you seal the bag with a zip tie (both of which we will provide). Please put the colored items into a separate bag from the white.
Notes for cleaners/the cleaning process:
Cleaners must wear disposable gloves while cleaning. Gloves should be thrown out after each cleaning.
Cleaners must not reuse microfibre cloths, mops, and sponges when cleaning. If re-usable cloths are used, these must be washed at 60 degrees C.
The cleaners must wash hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning.
Cleaners must clean, then disinfect. Use of detergent or soap and water to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once the surface is clean, it is sprayed with a disinfectant (Zenith Hygienic Multi-Surface Cleaner). The surface is then left to stand for a few minutes and wiped ( with disposable wipes) . Special attention is given to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, door handles, remote controls, and taps and shower handles.
We have searched high and low to find any potential risk and have found none, providing the hot tub is maintained correctly. All hot tubs under our management are monitored for chlorine levels at least three times a week and the chlorine is adjusted as needed.
Please note that to help us support this extra cost, a "special Covid19" cleaning fee is automatically added to your booking.
The fees are based on the number of bedrooms in the chalet:
- 1 Bedroom: 60 euros
- 2 Bedrooms: 75 euros
- 3 Bedrooms: 95 euros
- 4 Bedrooms: 130 euros
- 5 Bedrooms: 150 euros
- 6 Bedrooms: 165 euros