- 27 February 2011Where there is availability, we are offering 10% discount on all self catered accommodation, for 13th March to 9th April.
- 27 February 2011....after only occasional snow, it has not been snowing non stop for 17 hours, there were even two roads blocked locally (and they know how do deal with snow in the Alps!). The temperature is currently around minus 3.5 degrees C here so the outlook is good.
- 22 February 2011Half term has started - one of the busiest weeks of the year in Les Gets - and we had snow! The trees look beautiful and the roofs are covered in snow. After weeks of the piste bashers doing an outstanding job - we can relax as there is good real snow - and the piste bashers can have an easer time at night!
- 14 February 2011Ben has been skiing every day in and around Les Gets and he reports that the pistes are excellent. Whilst there has not been mu snow fall recently, Les Gets is very well served with snow making equipment, also the pisteurs seem to gather every bit of snow they can to ensure that the pistes are in very good conditions. Snow is forecast tomorrow.
- 08 February 2011A couple of weeks ago we had some clients who came to stay with us, after being in Verbier. They said that the piste conditions in Les Gets were much better than in Verbier - where they said it was very patchy, yet in Les Gets, the piste was very good every day of their stay. This is yet another report of Les Gets having better skiing conditions than the high (and very expensive) resorts.
- 08 February 2011March and early April will be a fantastic time to come to Les Gets,
the French Boardercross and Skiing equivalent championships are being held in Les Gets, also in early April, there is a week of free music festivals held on the pistes - the way this works is that you have to subscribe - and you are sent a text message with the location of each performance on that day. More details are at: http://www.chalets1066.com/en/winter/events-les-gets.html
- 16 January 2011To date, the season has been exceptionally busy, after a hard few weeks preparing the accommodation, and the usual series of last minute problems - burst pipes, workmen who in the summer would complete work on Chalets by end Oct, not even starting 'till early December....by Christmas we were absolutely full and everyone has been working long hours until mid January. This season has been quite different to last season, both in terms of the dates people have booked and the weather/snow conditions.