- 13 November 2011Ben and Morven have just returned from Les Gets, to the UK, they have been having 3 hours of French lessons each day, with Lost in Translation and working on Hastings and other Chalets in the rest of their time. Lost in Translation are based in Morzine and have an excellent team of people who teach French, the French government subsidize lessons for non French nationals who are working in France - to learn French - we have found this to be an excellent scheme
- 16 October 2011Two events were highlighted in the London Metro on Friday
the Basecamp Festival, April 2-6th 2012, this will be a massive music and snow sport festival. More details are at: http://www.basscamp-festival.com/
The second big event is from 28th January to 10th February, Avoriaz is planning to have the biggest dance floor in the Alps.
- 30 June 2011These are pictures taken earlier this week when our Chalet Manager, Alex, went whitewarer rafting with our friends at
frogsrafting - you can see they all had a great time - they were on the Giffre River in Samoens. It was a very hot day and to be in the cool water was very refreshing.
- 26 June 2011We have just found a couple of excellent web sites for planning your car journey from the UK to Les Gets.
We all know of the delays in queuing to pay tolls on the motorways - there is even a special deal on buying the electronic automatic payment 'dongles' for and these are good value if you travel in France just a couple of times a year. More details here.
- 22 June 2011Next weekend is the Passportes du Soleil – this is a brilliant event, the route covers 80km and 14 lifts, there is around 1000m climbing.
- 14 June 2011ur Chalet manager, Alex, arrived mid last week and we spend a few days starting work, once the snow has melted, gardens in the Alps seem to grow at about three times the rate of English gardens and if you are not careful, there is a covering of dandelions everywhere. We re-seeded parts of the lawn - as parts had not survived well after the snow, planted the rockery mowed lawns and of course weeded. We also took the Wendy house to Chalet Au Gre du Temps - where a family is staying for 7 weeks, it must have looked quite amusing, transporting this down the Chavannes Road - balanced on a wheel-barrow on one side and Alex holding up the other.
- 12 June 2011Yesterday we saw a stage of the Criterium du Dauphine in Les Gets, Bradley Wiggins was in the centre and was clearly in the lead. The event was quite low key compared with the TdF and other events in Les Gets
- 30 May 2011The snow is absolutely amazing at the moment, and a further 70cm snow is forecast for Les Gets over the next three days. Whilst this is excellent for skiing, and bodes well for the rest of the season, the amount of snow is causing havoc with the roads. We hardly ever see Land Rover Defenders with snow chains, but over the past few days, we have seen quite a few!
Normally, when this is this much snow at the start of the season, it forms a good base for a few months, so whatever happens with the weather, we usually have reasonable snow for the season.
- 18 March 2011Ben is doing training in the Giant Slolom at the moment, he was on the BASI slalom course yesterday, on the Les Gets pistes and said they were perfect. In the village the weather was not great at all, and this meant that some people did not go out, but on the slopes he said conditions were perfect - for race training.
- 13 March 2011Our clients, who have skied at different resorts in the French Alps - some very high, are continuing to report that the pistes in Les Gets are amongst the best in the Alps.
- 03 March 2011Yesterday and today we tried the new ski lift at Chamossier...
The good news is that this is very fast - one of the fastest lifts we have experienced - and from the top of Chamossier you can ski right down to the area where there are a number of restaurants at the bottom of the Chamossier express - so this is a very long run.