Discover Les Gets in Winter - Charming village for ski holidays
Winter in Les Gets is a magical experience. The village is an authentic Savoyard mountain paradise, with a genuine charm and history that goes back to the 11th century. The locals take great pride in their beautiful home, and are eager to retain its unique character. Most Chalets are within a few minutes of the piste and lifts.
In summary, Les Gets is also:
- Restaurants for all budgets, a discotheque - L'Igloo, a bowling alley, a cinema and many bars.
- A Wellness center, Les Sources du Chery, for a relaxing moment at the end of the day after the pistes closure, in the various pools, saunas, hammam and hot tubs or during a massage.
- Of course, there are ski rental and ski equipment shops, but there are also many other shops, including a chocolate shop, photographer, souvenir shop, banks and an optician. There is also Caroline's Farm a little further up the hill from the Hastings chalets which sells local cheeses as well as honey and homemade jams.
- The ice rink in the centre of the village is very popular in the early evening.
- The many events during the winter: the first of the season being Father Christmas and his elves. There are regular shows and ski and freestyle competitions. In season the Portes du Soleil music festival is held. Les Gets also has a unique museum of mechanical musical instruments.
A stone’s throw from the bustle of the village, the gondolas and chairlifts await the skiers and boarders. The piste-bashers have worked through the night to groom the slopes to perfection, and the ski patrol has ensured that all the pistes are safe.
This is winter in Les Gets, and we look forward to welcoming you.