Among the catered chalets Les Gets has to offer, Le Lapye is located on the Route des Chavannes, one of the most popular areas in Les Gets. You can usually ski back to within 30 metres of the chalet, and the free bus stops within 20 metres of the front door. The walk to the village is just 20 minutes and you will have wonderful views over the village.
The chalet was built to a very high standard.
It has three levels. The main living room and dining area is on the first floor. There is a large log fire, TV and WiFi.
There are 5 bedrooms (see the description of each below), some of which are ensuite. In addition there is a separate bathroom which has a bath and basin, a separate shower room consisting of a shower cubicle, basin and w.c., and lastly, a separate wc.
We have received outstanding reviews and testimonials for our Catered Chalet, please click: http://www.chalets1066.com/en/about/testimonials.html and scroll down to Le Lapye.
When you stay in Le Lapye, we include lifts into the village/ski school/piste each morning.
If you need baby care, please see our page on children and babies.
Included in the price is our drop off and pick up service. We simply ask you to let us know the day before what your requirements are and we will schedule the driver for you.
Meals in Le Lapye
Food is important to us. Wine is too. We think the pleasure of sitting down together, for a leisurely dinner after the thrills and spills of a day in the mountains is a key part of any chalet holiday.
At Le Lapye we aim to please those with hearty appetites and those who want something delicious, and something regional. We take pride in providing interesting vegetarian options. Our food is home-made, and cooked each day from fresh ingredients.
Where the whole chalet is booked by a party you can have more influence over our weekly menu, but we always try to cater for preferences and special dietary requirements. We believe vegetarians have the same right to delicious food as carnivores.
If you are hungry first thing, be assured that for us breakfast is more than a snack. Select your choice of juice, tea and coffee, yoghurt, fruit and cereal, freshly delivered bread from the artisan bakery, croissants and pain au chocolat. We also offer a different hot option each day, perhaps mushrooms on toast, scrambled egg, pancakes, or egg and bacon, even, sometimes, black pudding (French, of course).
Return to the chalet at about four in the afternoon and help yourself to a pot of tea or coffee, squash and a slice of homemade cake or biscuits. Each day, we make something fresh and sweet, to help you bridge the gap between lunch and dinner time. We love the smell of chocolate cake baking and the sharp but sweet taste of homemade lemon drizzle. We hope you will too.
Dinner – Adults and Children
Dinner is usually served at 7.30. Where parties include young children we can provide an early children's tea at 6.00. If a single party books the whole chalet it's up to you whether your children eat early or join the adults for dinner. Where there are a mix of parties in the chalet, we usually serve an early tea for guests below 14.
A couple of typical evening menus:
Warm lardon, lambs lettuce and walnut salad
Moroccan slow roast lamb tagine
Moroccan slow roast winter vegetable tagine
both served with
chick pea couscous and minted salad
Raspberry and almond custard tart with cream
Hot goats cheese fritters with sweet onion chutney
Fillet of pork with a light dill and white wine jus
Butternut squash and plum tomato gratin
both served with
roast peppers and pommes anna
Triple chocolate pots with vanilla ice
A selection of regional cheeses with bread or biscuits
Coffee or Tea
Each evening liberal amounts of Water, Red and White Wine (and sometimes Rose) will be served with dinner
good quality French wines - grape varieties include Merlot, Grenache, Chardonnay - this is for Adults.
For Children, and adults who prefer not to have alcohol, we serve apple and/or orange juice.
Please appreciate that this menu may need to vary according to availability of produce (not always easy in mountain villages) and also that the chef's day off may vary, but is usually Wednesday.
Please also appreciate that the kitchen is not for use by clients, except for making tea/coffee.
The individual bedrooms (5)
- Ground Floor.
- Two Single Beds - can be arranged as double.
- En suite shower and WC.
- Ground Floor
- Solid Bunk Beds
- Bathroom shared
- Excellent Value
- Large Family Room
- Second Floor
- One double and two separate single beds
- Spacious Double Bedroom
- Second Floor
- Ensuite shower, washbasin and WC
- Double Bed
- Ensuite with wash basin and wc
- Our on line reservation system enables you to put a reservation on hold for 48 hours, you will be sent an e-mail with a link to pay your deposit or you can pay the deposit at the end of the booking process.
- To Book, either select your arrival date from the calendar below or press the Book Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be taken into our reservations system. You will be requested to select the bedrooms required and also the number of children and adults in each room.
- Our system will calculate the total price for you, it will automatically apply discounts for children, more than 2 in one bedroom, etc.
- For reservations which are not Satuday to Satiurday, we allow bookings either mid week to weekend or weekend to mid week, with a minimum of three nights, the per day price is used, as shown in the price table below.
- If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Check availability or Book now Book Now
|Booking Period||Week Whole Chalet Price €||Week Room 1&4 per Adult €||Week Room 2 per Adult €||Week Room 3 per Adult €||Week Room 5 per Adult €||Day Whole Chalet Price €||Day Room 1&4 per Adult €||Day Room 2 per Adult €||Day Room 3 per Adult €||Day Room 5 per Adult €|
|21/12/2013 - 28/12/2013||5780||710||470||640||670||1156||142||94||128||134|
|28/12/2013 - 04/01/2014||7100||870||580||780||830||1420||174||116||156||166|
|04/01/2014 - 11/01/2014||4500||550||370||500||520||900||110||74||100||104|
|11/01/2014 - 18/01/2014||4080||500||330||450||480||816||100||66||90||96|
|18/01/2014 - 25/01/2014||4080||500||330||450||480||816||100||66||90||96|
|25/01/2014 - 01/02/2014||4500||550||370||500||520||900||110||74||100||104|
|01/02/2014 - 08/02/2014||4890||600||400||540||570||978||120||80||108||114|
|08/02/2014 - 15/02/2014||6190||760||510||680||720||1238||152||102||136||144|
|15/02/2014 - 22/02/2014||7350||900||600||810||860||1470||180||120||162||172|
|22/02/2014 - 01/03/2014||6520||800||530||720||760||1304||160||106||144||152|
|01/03/2014 - 08/03/2014||5640||690||460||620||660||1128||138||92||124||132|
|08/03/2014 - 15/03/2014||4500||550||370||500||520||900||110||74||100||104|
|15/03/2014 - 22/03/2014||4080||500||330||450||480||816||100||66||90||96|
|22/03/2014 - 29/03/2014||4080||500||330||450||480||816||100||66||90||96|
|29/03/2014 - 05/04/2014||4080||500||330||450||480||816||100||66||90||96|
|05/04/2014 - 12/04/2014||4980||610||410||550||580||996||122||82||110||116|
|12/04/2014 - 19/04/2014||4080||500||330||450||480||816||100||66||90||96|
|15/12/1969 - 01/01/1970||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
- Standard discounts - Children 2 to 12: 20% discount, 12 to 16 years, 10% discount, babies 2 or under sharing with parents are free.
- When more than 2 in one room, third and fourth person at 50% discount (we have one room which takes 4 in comfort).
- Full chalet prices are pre-discounted.
- Single room occupancy is an uplift of 30% on list price.
- Prices include TVA at 7% and tax de sejour
- A 1.5% fee is added for all payments by card.
- Our bookings system will calculate the price according to the above. Please just press 'book now' and you will be taken into our reservations system.