- 19 July 2020Having worked for Chalets 1066 for almost 2 years, Morgane finally persuaded her parents and sisters to take a week’s summer holiday with her in Les Gets. This article was created to show what they did each day.
- 22 May 2020Another blog written by Dave Lynch on why Les Gets is the ideal location for a summer holiday at this time with Coronavirus. At the time of publishing this, there is a 14 day quarantine period for those coming back to the UK, but we expect this will not be in place in time for July.
- 23 April 2020You have been going on fully catered ski holidays for years and want to save some money or you have been going on self-catered ski holidays and want a little more luxury without breaking the bank. This article explains how you can tailor your own holiday and have the fully catered ski holiday experience yet at a much lower cost.
- 12 September 2019Here is a guide to chalets and apartments rentals in Les Gets to help you find your dream accommodation for the perfect ski holiday! You are looking for the right chalet size, the ideal location or services that are important to you, we suggest a selection of properties here, according to criteria our clients are looking for at Chalets1066.
- 16 June 2019The Criterium Dauphin went through Les Gets today at around 14:30, Julian Alaphilippe was first at montée des Gets. The pictures were taken just after the Montée.
Today’s route was from Cluses to Champéry, Julian Alaphilippe won the King of the Mountains Jersey.
The picture opposite shows the break away group of 13 riders, going through Les Gets, taken form just outside the library.
- 17 August 2018In it’s eighth year, the festival now hosts over 50 performances. This year it offers the quality and versatility of bands such as King Krab, solo artists such as Coby Grant, and the well-seasoned voice of Ahmed Mouici covering well known rock, soul and rhythm’n blues songs as a duo with Cisco Herzhaft on guitar.
- 13 August 2018The Lounge Music Festival is a summer highlight. Now in its sixth year, this free festival that features over 50 concerts throughout the two weeks, is a huge attraction for locals and visitors.
- 04 July 2016Every year the Sparten Beast does not fail to challenge even the toughest competitor. This year the Beast starts at 9am and ends up at the finish line in the main square next to the tourist office around 11am.
Conditions today will be challenging to say the least after a heavy downfall of rain and very muddy and slippery conditions.
- 04 September 2013Having just spent part of the summer in Les Gets, my feeling is that I just have to share some of it with those who have not yet allowed themselves the indulgence of a visit there. Where to start? It's a toughie, I have to say. One of the things that I loved the most and was most impressed by is not only the amount of FAMILY activities, but, that by all accounts and purpose, all ages and stages and needs and wants are catered for in this region. From mountain biking (or cross country) to horse riding, swimming in the mountain lakes, Alpine walking - parapenting – which I did, with my 23 year old daughter, specifically because I am afraid of height's – and I ABSOLUTELY loved it.......