- 04 July 2016Every year the Sparten Beast does not fail to challenge even the toughest competitor. This year the Beast starts at 9am and ends up at the finish line in the main square next to the tourist office around 11am.
Conditions today will be challenging to say the least after a heavy downfall of rain and very muddy and slippery conditions.
- 04 September 2013Having just spent part of the summer in Les Gets, my feeling is that I just have to share some of it with those who have not yet allowed themselves the indulgence of a visit there. Where to start? It's a toughie, I have to say. One of the things that I loved the most and was most impressed by is not only the amount of FAMILY activities, but, that by all accounts and purpose, all ages and stages and needs and wants are catered for in this region. From mountain biking (or cross country) to horse riding, swimming in the mountain lakes, Alpine walking - parapenting – which I did, with my 23 year old daughter, specifically because I am afraid of height's – and I ABSOLUTELY loved it.......
- 02 September 2013I have really enjoyed myself in the pump park and using the air bag in Les Gets this summer – with my new mountain bike.
The pump park is not only a great way to practice skills, but is also really good for socialising with other English kids of my age (11 years ). In the daytime, most kids are out on the mountains, but in the evenings, the lifts are closed so most kids go to the pump park and this is a great place to make friends. One of the good things about the pump park is that it is free, but never seems to be too busy.
- 05 January 2013While the Chavannes side of Les Gets is busy, today I spent a couple of hours on Mont Chery and there were no queues at the lifts at all.
When you get to the top of the 'bubble' lifts going up Mont Chery, there is a telescope and amazing views over Les Gets village.
- 13 May 2012Les Gets in the summer is the place to relax and unwind whilst savouring the mountain views over a long coffee in the mountain top restaurants. There is plenty for everyone from the coffee lovers who enjoy walking from café to café on the mountain tops to the adrenalin junkie paragliders.
Don't forget the mountains in Les Gets in the summer months are awash with beauty. Savour the mountain air whilst walking between mountain cafes. Hastings itself is a 20 minute walk up to Les Pleney where you can enjoy coffee and cake overlooking the mountains towards Morzine, from there walk further up Les Chavannes, even all the way to the top, passing various cafes and restaurants along the route!
- 30 June 2011These are pictures taken earlier this week when our Chalet Manager, Alex, went whitewater rafting with our friends at
frogsrafting - you can see they all had a great time - they were on the Giffre River in Samoens. It was a very hot day and to be in the cool water was very refreshing.
- 26 June 2011We have just found a couple of excellent web sites for planning your car journey from the UK to Les Gets.
We all know of the delays in queuing to pay tolls on the motorways - there is even a special deal on buying the electronic automatic payment 'dongles' for and these are good value if you travel in France just a couple of times a year. More details here.
- 14 June 2011ur Chalet manager, Alex, arrived mid last week and we spend a few days starting work, once the snow has melted, gardens in the Alps seem to grow at about three times the rate of English gardens and if you are not careful, there is a covering of dandelions everywhere. We re-seeded parts of the lawn - as parts had not survived well after the snow, planted the rockery mowed lawns and of course weeded. We also took the Wendy house to Chalet Au Gre du Temps - where a family is staying for 7 weeks, it must have looked quite amusing, transporting this down the Chavannes Road - balanced on a wheel-barrow on one side and Alex holding up the other.