- 12 April 2021We woke up to see around 20cm fresh snow, had the lifts been running, this would have been an excellent end to the ski season
- 28 March 2021Pictures taken in last two weeks of March, with very little care by machines, the pistes have been in great condition. Lots of people have been enjoying the mountains: ski touring, snowboarding, sledging, cross-country skiing... and even a good pair of hiking boots!
- 26 September 2020Fresh snow fell overnight and more is forecast tonight. We took a walk to the top of the Chavannes Express this morning, there was as much as 20cm ( 8 inches) of snow. George was having a great time rolling in the new snow.
- 11 August 2020At this time of year, most of us who typically take a ski holiday will be reading through the various resort and operator web sites to plan their winter holiday.
A holiday in the mountains could potentially be one of the safest places to go, however, Covid-19 presents another challenge and another series of questions. The purpose of this article is to discuss the key point and to suggest what might be the best resorts to go to.
- 23 April 2020You have been going on fully catered ski holidays for years and want to save some money or you have been going on self-catered ski holidays and want a little more luxury without breaking the bank. This article explains how you can tailor your own holiday and have the fully catered ski holiday experience yet at a much lower cost.
- 16 April 2020The end to the 2019-20 ski season came as a shock to everyone. On 14th March we had some 240 clients arrive, all looking forward to a great holiday. On the Saturday evening President Macron announced the initial lockdown and then on the Monday evening at 8.30 he announced a hard lockdown and closure of the boarders. This article describes the challenges to our clients and what we did and then life in Les Gets under lockdown since then.
- 03 March 2020All pictures were taken today on the Les Gets pistes. We had snow yesterday and overnight and blue Skies this morning.
- 28 January 2020Les Gets is renowned for being one of the best places for beginner skiers, however, there are a number of freeride areas, such as the Chamossière freeride zone, the untoutched powder tree line skiing on Mont Chery and the Les Gets Bowl.
- 02 December 2019First weekend of the season – lifts open early.
Saturday was blue sky day, perfect for the fair weather skier, Sunday was snowing all day and perfect for powder hunters.