- 12 May 2021We are all waiting for travel to open up. We offer a glimpse of a relaxing stay in the mountains in the charming village of Les Gets. Here are some tips for choosing the ideal chalet for a summer stay in the mountains.
- 12 April 2021We woke up to see around 20cm fresh snow, had the lifts been running, this would have been an excellent end to the ski season
- 28 March 2021Pictures taken in last two weeks of March, with very little care by machines, the pistes have been in great condition. Lots of people have been enjoying the mountains: ski touring, snowboarding, sledging, cross-country skiing... and even a good pair of hiking boots!
- 11 March 2021Last week was busy in Les Gets, as whilst the lifts were closed, it was the last week of the French school holidays and we had many French customers who just wanted a mountain holiday in Les Gets. The weather was quite warm, the piste was in excellent condition as we have had so much snow. Our team took advantage of the conditions to do more ski touring and some tried biathlon for the first time.
- 13 January 2021We discovered this year, more than ever, the resort of Les Gets is so much more than a ski resort. The ski lifts were closed during Xmas and NY weeks and for the moment in January as well, but holidaymakers enjoyed the mountain in a different way, as it has so much to offer other than just traditional alpine skiing.
- 07 January 2021Another beautiful day to start 2021 with excellent for ski touring on the Mont-Chéry side today : amazing snow, cool temperatures ( -5 to - 2 degrees C) sun and blue sky. Nature treats us with its most beautiful colours!
- 10 December 2020The ski lifts in Les Gets will be closed for Christmas and New Year holidays, however, there will be plenty of activities other than skiing.
The mountains are a beautiful playground for all family members and Christmas is so special in Les Gets with beautiful snow-covered landscapes, a lovely atmosphere all around the village and festive meals in your chalet.
- 11 August 2020At this time of year, most of us who typically take a ski holiday will be reading through the various resort and operator web sites to plan their winter holiday.
A holiday in the mountains could potentially be one of the safest places to go, however, Covid-19 presents another challenge and another series of questions. The purpose of this article is to discuss the key point and to suggest what might be the best resorts to go to.
- 19 July 2020Having worked for Chalets 1066 for almost 2 years, Morgane finally persuaded her parents and sisters to take a week’s summer holiday with her in Les Gets. This article was created to show what they did each day.
- 05 February 2020Les Gets is well known as one of the best family ski resorts in Europe, in this article we give you the reasons why the village is so great for the little ones!
- 28 January 2020Les Gets is renowned for being one of the best places for beginner skiers, however, there are a number of freeride areas, such as the Chamossière freeride zone, the untoutched powder tree line skiing on Mont Chery and the Les Gets Bowl.