- 06 July 2021As well as the UCI Downhill, Les Gets also hosted the UCI XCO Mountain Bike World Cup at the weekend. It was the last event, taking place on Sunday, but it certainly wasn’t the least! Competitors came from all over for one of the biggest XCO Mountain Biking Events in the world and the competition was exceptional. The excitement of the day had us gasping at times, and our hearts were in our mouths on numerous occasions.
- 06 July 2021Over the weekend, Les Gets held the second round of the Mercedes-Benz UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Cup 2021. Competitors came from all over the globe to compete in the largest and most prestigious mountain bike event in the world, and they were no less than impressive.
- 12 May 2021We are all waiting for travel to open up. We offer a glimpse of a relaxing stay in the mountains in the charming village of Les Gets. Here are some tips for choosing the ideal chalet for a summer stay in the mountains.
- 25 December 2020As you already know, Father Christmas lives in Les Gets. Last night, he came down from his hut on the shores of the Lake to meet the holidaymakers in his horse-drawn carriage and accompanied by his faithful elves. An incredible snowfall since yesterday afternoon adds to the magical atmosphere of Christmas, covering the village in its most beautiful white coat.
- 20 December 2020It is such a joy to see the village of Les Gets when the first guests arrive for the Christmas holidays! Food tastings in the street, ice rink, illuminated decorations, shopping... a beautiful atmosphere for the enjoyment of all.
- 11 August 2020At this time of year, most of us who typically take a ski holiday will be reading through the various resort and operator web sites to plan their winter holiday.
A holiday in the mountains could potentially be one of the safest places to go, however, Covid-19 presents another challenge and another series of questions. The purpose of this article is to discuss the key point and to suggest what might be the best resorts to go to.
- 19 July 2020Having worked for Chalets 1066 for almost 2 years, Morgane finally persuaded her parents and sisters to take a week’s summer holiday with her in Les Gets. This article was created to show what they did each day.
- 22 May 2020Another blog written by Dave Lynch on why Les Gets is the ideal location for a summer holiday at this time with Coronavirus. At the time of publishing this, there is a 14 day quarantine period for those coming back to the UK, but we expect this will not be in place in time for July.