- 25 December 2020As you already know, Father Christmas lives in Les Gets. Last night, he came down from his hut on the shores of the Lake to meet the holidaymakers in his horse-drawn carriage and accompanied by his faithful elves. An incredible snowfall since yesterday afternoon adds to the magical atmosphere of Christmas, covering the village in its most beautiful white coat.
- 20 December 2020It is such a joy to see the village of Les Gets when the first guests arrive for the Christmas holidays! Food tastings in the street, ice rink, illuminated decorations, shopping... a beautiful atmosphere for the enjoyment of all.
- 11 August 2020At this time of year, most of us who typically take a ski holiday will be reading through the various resort and operator web sites to plan their winter holiday.
A holiday in the mountains could potentially be one of the safest places to go, however, Covid-19 presents another challenge and another series of questions. The purpose of this article is to discuss the key point and to suggest what might be the best resorts to go to.
- 19 July 2020Having worked for Chalets 1066 for almost 2 years, Morgane finally persuaded her parents and sisters to take a week’s summer holiday with her in Les Gets. This article was created to show what they did each day.
- 22 May 2020Another blog written by Dave Lynch on why Les Gets is the ideal location for a summer holiday at this time with Coronavirus. At the time of publishing this, there is a 14 day quarantine period for those coming back to the UK, but we expect this will not be in place in time for July.
- 23 April 2020You have been going on fully catered ski holidays for years and want to save some money or you have been going on self-catered ski holidays and want a little more luxury without breaking the bank. This article explains how you can tailor your own holiday and have the fully catered ski holiday experience yet at a much lower cost.
- 16 April 2020The end to the 2019-20 ski season came as a shock to everyone. On 14th March we had some 240 clients arrive, all looking forward to a great holiday. On the Saturday evening President Macron announced the initial lockdown and then on the Monday evening at 8.30 he announced a hard lockdown and closure of the boarders. This article describes the challenges to our clients and what we did and then life in Les Gets under lockdown since then.
- 05 February 2020Les Gets is well known as one of the best family ski resorts in Europe, in this article we give you the reasons why the village is so great for the little ones!
- 19 December 2019Each and every year the Alpine village of Les Gets bursts with excitement as Father Christmas and his bunch of hardworking elves emerge from their workshop to greet the children.
Learn more about all the new updates concerning Christmas in Les Gets this year.