Preparing for Summer 2013 in Les Gets
Only three or four weeks ago there was still snow in the ground, last week temperatures rocketed to around 30 degrees Celsius – hopefully we will have a good summer.
Sue, Ben and Morven have been working hard preparing for the start of the summer season. They have also had help from Simon and Raf who have been doing building works, gardening and painting.
Each Chalet and apartment has been very carefully inspected, any minor repairs needed have been carried out and also each chalet has been deep cleaned.
We have bought new pillows for all chalets and have also bought new good quality white linen, as the current linen was getting a little worn.
At Duc du Savoie, the kitchen in the small apartment has now been re-furbished and the whole apartment is much better than it was a few years ago.
At Chalet Hastings, quite a lot of work has been carried out, this includes the following:
• A new roof has been put on the entrance area – including high quality insulation.
• A fire door as been installed on the ground floor, also a new external door, both these will make the building a lot warmer as it will stop drafts from the garage.
• The back garden has had a major amount of work carried out, including a new area of decking.
• We have built a bicycle area in the garage, with racks for bikes and a bike service area
• We have also bought new garden furniture.
• More powerful 'hotel standard' WiFi has been installed.
We are looking forward to a great summer.