Planning in Les Gets - Summer holidays - Les Gets
We first visited Les Gets in the summer, for a mountain biking holiday. We had mountain biked in most areas in the UK, we have also been to the Rockies, it was clear that Les Gets is by far the best location in the world, there is a fantastic range of beautiful routes right on your door step, there are real mountains and traditional villages. No where else in the world has all this. However, Les Gets is not just the best for Mountain Biking, it appeals to many interests, from relaxing by the lake, gentle walks taking advantage of the lifts, to road cycling – where you can ride some of the famous climbs of the Tour de France, climbing, paragliding and horst riding to name just a few of the activities available.
The multipass is fantastic value – for just one euro a day this gives free use of:
• The Swimming lake (supervised)
• The Sports park by the lake
• Beach Volley
• Entrance to the Museum of Mechanical Music
• The Tennis Courts
• The Chair lifts
• The local bus service
• Mini Golf
• The Ice Skating Rink in Morzine
In addition to all these activities, events are organised almost every day, details are given on our summer events page, highlights this year are:
• Performance on 1st August by Garou – the Quebec based Pop Singer – who was No.1 for 11 consecutive weeks, in France, in 2001
• The Festival of Mechanical Instruments – also celebrating the 25th anniversary of the opening of the museum in Les Gets, this is always a wonderful event and takes over the whole of Les Gets.
• The 'Lounge Music Festival' from 15th to 18th August – some 30 performers, covering a broad spectrum including: Pop, Reggae, Soul and Folk, form France, UK and Ireland.
More details of these are on our Summer Events page.