Some Summer Activities in Les Gets Monday, 26 May 2014
Les Gets looks set for another fantastic summer with a very wide range of events and activities, from amazing mountain biking to the lounge music festival and the international festival of mechanical music. Some of the latest news of what is on is:
Les Gets has three new tracks:
• The Red Cross Trail – this is from the top of the Chavannes Express lift, across the top of Lea Rosta, then down to the Mouillie Ronde forest road and back to Les Gets village.
• Blue Trail on the Chavannes – this is a short run in the Grany Cry area.
• Freeride on Mont Chery – this starts from the top of the bubble lift and is another run down Mont Chery
Additionally, there are two Famous Mountain Bikers who will be in Les Gets for the summer:
• Julien Absalon – European Champion 2006 and silver in2007 and 2011
• Loic Bruni – 2012Junior World Champion
Electric Mountain Bikes:
For the first time, Les Gets has some 24 electric mountain bikes, with special routes marked, some are 1 to 2 hour routes, others are half day or full day routes.
International Festival of Mechanical Music:
This will have more than 400 performers, from 18th to 20th July. This is an incredible two and a half days where there are many performances and parades from 10.00 in the morning through to 10.00 each evening.
4 Elements Festival:
This is from 11th to 17th August – there are: street shows, exhibitions, story reading amongst other events. Included are: fire jugglers and eaters and kite flying/making workshops.
These are run each day, minimum age is 12. Details at: http://www.poterie-des-gets.fr/
Lounge Music Festival:
This is from 28th July to 3rd August and includes 30 concerts over 4 days – this is an opportunity to relax and unwind while listening to music
Alpine MTB Battle
This is 23rd and 24th August and is an MTB orienteering race.