Les Gets Village in Winter
A Traditional village with may activities, yet high enough for good snow...
Les Gets is a traditional mountain village with a history going back to the 11th Century, when most of the activities were focussed around the monestary. Les Gets retains it's traditional Savoyard feel, with most chalets being of stone and wood construction, yet Les Gets cateres very well for visitors and many Chalets are within a few minutes of the piste and lifts.
In addition to Les Gets having won awards for the best family ski resort in the world, there are many other thing to see and do in the village:
- There are many restaurants catering for a very wide range of budgets.
- A nightclub – Igloo, bowling, a cinema and many bar
- Two small dairies which offer tours.
- Just 8 minutes walk up the road from Chalet Hastings, there is a small farm shop with locally made jam, cheese and other produce.
- Many shops for hiring skis/boots and also ski equipment, these range from family focussed shops offering great value to boutique's.
- A large ski rink in the centre of the village which is very popular early evening after most have come down off the slopes.
- Many events through the winter, these usually start with Father Christmas and his elves, there are regular performances, later in the season there are ski/freestyle competitions and towards the end of the season Les Gets has been part of the Portes du Soleil music festival – where there are performances at a different location each day.
Les Gets also has the only Mechanical Music Instrument Museum in the world – this is fascinating and in the summer there is a three day festival with 100's performances from morning 'till late at night! Do scroll down for more information...